Of all the colors in the rainbow of more than three decades of Air Jordan 1 releases, orange isn’t one that shows up very frequently.
But when it does, those pairs tend to be highly coveted.
Think back to the ‘Shattered Backboard’ series, which features an orange hue dubbed “Starfish” by the designers at Nike.
Inspired by a uniform Michael Jordan wore in an exhibition game in Italy during his first NBA offseason in which he, yep, smashed a glass backboard during a dunk, the ‘Shattered Backboard’ series of Air Jordan 1 retro releases are hot property every time they hit the market.
We’re not trying to get you hyped for a surprise addition to that colorway series, but the next AJ 1 release brings orange to life in electrifying highlights that are sure to make your rotation pop this summer.
Introducing the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Electro Orange,’ dropping in Men’s and Kids’ sizing on 7/17.
That namesake Electro Orange starts from the bottom, coating the outsoles and then appearing again at the collars to add just enough brightness to the timeless black-and-white upper.
Juice your rotation when the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Electro Orange’ releases in Men’s and Kids’ sizing on 7/17 at jdsports.com and in select stores via mobile app reservation.
– Available at jdsports.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 7/17.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Electro Orange’ in Men’s or Grade School sizing, head to our mobile app on Friday, 7/9 at 11am EST. Reservations will close on Monday, 7/12 at 3pm EST.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store.
– STATUS members, redeem your points for more entries.
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 7/17, only at jdsports.com