He was born in Wilmington. Became a national champion in Chapel Hill. Made history in Charlotte by becoming the first Black majority owner of a pro sports franchise.
It’s safe to say North Carolina holds a significant place in Michael Jordan’s legacy.
That Tar Heel State loyalty shines through in his signature shoe line as well, with the light blue tone made so famous by University of North Carolina athletics uniforms being featured on so many Jordan models over the years as well as dozens of Nike silhouettes.
We’ve seen Jordan Brand roll out plenty of recent releases featuring University Blue shades, including an AJ 9, an AJ 3, the Obsidian/UNC AJ 1 and of course the highly coveted Off-White AJ 1 collaboration in 2018. There’s even an AJ 4 coming later this year dressed in the same colors.
Now, to coincide with the rapid approach of Spring, Jumpman is set to sing the blues of a different kind with the release of the OG silhouette, the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘University Blue.’
The Jordan model we all know and love comes replete with overlays, heel counters, outsoles, collars and lace guides dressed in University Blue, while a white tumbled leather upper and black Swoosh finish the look.
You’ll have the chance for your whole crew to rock them too, with a release planned in full-family sizing.
– Available at jdsports.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 3/6.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘University Blue’ in Men’s sizing, head to our mobile app on Wednesday, 3/3 at 9am EST. Reservations will close on Wednesday, 3/3 at 1pm EST.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store.
– STATUS members, redeem your points for more entries.
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 3/6, only at jdsports.com.