As far as college fight songs go, Georgetown University’s is something of a standout.
After all, not many school have fight songs that audaciously call out their rival institutions, but that’s exactly what the Hoyas do.
Audacious behavior and extreme confidence in a sporting arena definitely sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Perhaps someone whose drive and ambition carried him to the top of the game of basketball?
Okay, so maybe the parallel between Michael Jordan and There Goes Old Georgetown is a bit of a stretch, but there are other connections between MJ and the Hoyas for sure.
It goes back as far as 1982, when Mike’s last-minute jumpshot sunk Georgetown in the NCAA championship game, sealing victory for North Carolina.
Jordan Brand is a sponsor of Georgetown’s athletic department and official apparel, so the Hoyas carry the Jumpman logo with them every time they step onto the court.
Now you can rep the Hoyas or just rock their sublime colors with the release of the Air Jordan 3 Retro ‘Midnight Navy.’
Dressed in sumptuous tumbled leather in a deep Midnight Navy shade, this new version of the classic AJ 3 silhouette is a welcome addition to the family of previously released Jordan sneakers utilizing the Georgetown colors.
Cement Grey features on the outsoles, tongues, and perforated leather panels around the lace guides and ankles, while elephant print at the mudguard and heels completes the look.
– Available at jdsports.com or in select stores via mobile app reservation on 3/20.
– To enter for a reservation of the Air Jordan 3 Retro ‘Midnight Navy’ in Men’s sizing, head to our mobile app on Friday, 3/12 at 1pm EST. Reservations will close on Monday, 3/15 at 1pm EST.
– Reserved pairs can be picked up in store on 3/20.
– STATUS members, redeem your points for more entries.
– No pairs will be sold in stores on 3/20, only at jdsports.com